All golf development projects need a range of technical design and construction services at different stages of the development process.
RJGD provides specialised technical services in conjunction with associates, or will advise on the most appropriate specialist for the technical service needed.
RJGD Technical Services can include agronomy, ecology, hydrology, cost estimation and project management.
All projects are different and not every technical service will always be required or applicable. A service-and-fee proposal for every project is prepared and agreed in advance, forming part of the project contract terms and conditions. Where a client already has some or all of the technical service providers contracted, RJGD will work with these consultants.
- RJGD Agronomy and Turfgrass Services include site and soil investigations, laboratory analysis of soils and construction materials, and site-specific advice on soil handing and preparation, seeds and fertilisers.
- RJGD Agronomy and Turfgrass Services provides detailed and monitored programmes for the establishment [grow-in] of the grassed areas of the golf course post-seeding.
- RJGD Ecology and Environmental Services address an increasingly important aspect of any development. Impact assessments, site audits, and compilation of 'Consolidated Species Lists' (CSLs) identify existing habitats together with the measures required for their preservation or enhancement. Planting plans, specifications and management programmes identify ways to create and manage new habitats, interest and beauty, and ensure that the golf facilities and the surrounding landscape are wholly complementary to each other.
- RJGD Hydrology and Irrigation Services carries out the research and analysis necessary to ensure that water can be made available, is of a useable quality, is stored correctly, and distributed efficiently through the irrigation system.
- RJGD Cost Estimation and Project Management ensures that development budgets are set and adhered to at every stage of a project. RJGD provides accurate estimates of development cost through every stage of design and construction.